LEAD PAINT LIABILITY PROGRAM
This page contains a Program Overview, Program Procedures, Application, Specimen Policy, and Frequently-Asked Questions & Answers.
- Apartments with 20 or more units per building or complex
- Well maintained
- Dwellings are not eligible for this program
- Claims Made form - Retroactive date inception
- No elevated blood level trigger
- Available limits 500,000/500,000 - 1,000,000/1,000,000 - 1,000,000/3,000,000
- Defense included within the limit
- Standard deductible is $ 5,000
- Minimum premium is $2,500
- Inspections are required prior to quoting
- Cost of inspection must be paid in advance and is not refundable
- Minimum cost is $180 which typically covers buildings up to 50 units
- Normally completed within 2 weeks with results available 1 week later
- Available in all states except Maryland and Massachusetts
- Best rated "A VIII"
- Subsidiary of Fireman's Fund Insurance Companies
- Non-admitted in all states except Illinois
SURPLUS LINES FILING
- Broker is responsible for collecting surplus lines taxes, and making all filings
- Completed Applications are normally reviewed within 48 hours of receipt.
- If the risk appears to meet program guidelines, we will fax you, 1) inspection cost to the insured, and 2) premium indication subject to A satisfactory inspection
- Send us your agency check for the amount of the inspection cost, and we'll order the inspection the day it is received.
- The inspection company, ATC Environmental, Inc., will call the insured's contact (probably the next day) to schedule an appointment to inspect common areas and selected occupied units.
- Inspections are normally completed within 5 - 10 days depending primarily on the insureds ability to schedule unit viewing.
- We receive the results within 5 days of the completed inspection, and will then mail you a quote with any required recommendations. If the risk is not satisfactory, we'll call you to discuss. Either way, a copy of the inspections and photographs will be mailed to you.
- To bind coverage, we will require a fax showing the limit desired, effective date and the completed Surplus Lines Filing information Form.
- Please mail us the original signed and dated application. The original policy will not be released until we recieve this in our office. The Agents copy of the policy will be mailed to you within 48 hours of binding.
- If any recommendations were developed, the original Acknowledgment of Compliance Form must be signed and returned to us after work is completed.
- Premium is due in our office 20 days from policy inception.